The La Crosse Technology WS-2315AL Professional Weather
Station is a feature-rich unit which collects data on inside/outside temperature,
inside/outside humidity, forecast with tendency, wind
chill/direction/speed, rain data and provides weather alarms with storm warning.
The collected information can be downloaded to a PC with the included
interface and software.
The base station measures the indoor environment of the
surrounding area and receives outdoor weather data from the following three
- Thermo-Hydro Sensor
- Wind Sensor
- Rain Sensor
The received data is continuously updated to bring you the latest
weather information on the base station LCD. The outdoor thermo-hydro
sensor is the main data communication unit since both the wind and rain
sensors are connected to the thermo-hydro sensor for operating power
and rely on it to communicate with the base station. Weather data sent
from the thermo-hydro sensor can be done by wireless 433 MHz
transmission (up to 100 ft in open space) or by cable connection.
Using the enclosed 6.5 ft computer cable and CD-ROM, you can install
the Heavy Weather software on your PC and access the latest weather
information from your PC and upload up to 175 sets of recorded weather
data received by the base station. Recorded data can be used to generate
statistics and charts onto your spreadsheets (175 sets of data is stored
in the base even if the PC is switched off). The software itself does
not set any limits as to how many data sets can be transferred to the
The weather station is designed to work easily with your PC, simply
connect and disconnect the PC cable at any time. The minimum system
requirements for using the "Heavy Weather" software are: Operating
System - Windows 98 or above, Processor - Pentium 166 MHz or above, RAM
- 32 MB of RAM or above, Hard Disk - 20MB free space & CD-ROM drive.
For an overview of this unit's capabilities please review the video
presentation under the
- Records 175 sets of weather data history with "Heavy Weather" PC
- Upload weather data to your PC with easy COM port connection
- Weather forecasting function with 3 weather icons and weather
- Wireless outdoor temperature (°F or °C)
- Wireless outdoor humidity (%RH)
- Monitors indoor temperature (°F or °C)
- Monitors indoor humidity (%RH)
- Records MIN/MAX temperature with time and date of recording
- Records MIN/MAX humidity with time and date of recording
- Barometric air pressure (inHg or hPa)
- Records MIN/MAX barometric pressure with time and date or recording
- Barometric tendency arrow
- Dew point (°F or °C)
- Records MIN/MAX dew point display time and date or recording
- Wind direction with LCD compass (numerical (e.g. 225°) or abbreviated
characters (e.g. SW))
- Wind speed (mph, km/h, or m/s, and Beaufort Scale)
- Wind chill (°F or °C)
- Records MIN/MAX wind chill with time and date of recording
- Records Max wind speed with time and date of recording
- Rainfall data (inches or millimeters): 1 hour, 24 hour, and total
- Records MAX rainfall with time and date stamp
- Storm warning and weather alarms
- Atomic time and date with manual setting
- Automatically updates for Daylight Saving Time (on/off option)
- Time zone setting
- US time zone map
- LED backlight
- Wall hanging or free standing
- 12/24 hour time display
- Transmission range up to 330 feet (100 meters)
- Wireless Outdoor Humidity Range : 10% to 99%
- Wireless Outdoor Temperature Range : -21.8°F to +157.8°F
- Indoor Temperature Range : 14.1°F to 139.8°F
- Swiss Precision Sensor
- Power requirements:
- Receiver: 3 "AA" Alkaline Batteries or AC Power Adapter (INPUT 120V AC 60HZ) Included
- Wireless Thermo-Hygro Sensor: 2 x "AA" Alkaline Batteries or can draw power from the adapter if used
- Wind and Rain Sensors: Power by Thermo-Hygro Sensor
- Receiver: 6.3" x 6.1" x 1.2"
- Thermo-Hygro: 5.5" x 2.8" x 2.5"
- Rain Sensor: 5.5" x 5.75" x 2.5"
- Wind Sensor: 8" x 10" x 2.75"
- Weight: 6 lbs
- Ships within 24 hours!
- Free shipping USA
- Contact Us "email us"
for discounts on orders for more than five units
PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW!
For US residents, simply click on the button below to place your order.
For non-US residents, please email us using the email link in the
"Contact Us" section of this site for ordering instructions.
Out of stock